With summer coming to an end I thought now would be a great time to share one of my favourite recipes of summer.
Hosting is a passion and this dip is always a hit. Great for those summer picnics or BBQs it doesn’t take long and its super simple and so darn delicious.
If your not a fan of seafood this one isn’t for you, however for all you that do enjoy it I’m sure this will be a fast favourite.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
1 large package mock crab (if real crab is used the taste will be stronger)
1 brick of cream cheese (soft)
¼ cup mayo
1 Tbsp Miracle Whip
1 Tsp lemon pepper
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
2 tbsp Grand Marnier (or for a virgin recipe substitute with orange juice)
2 cloves garlic
1 large papaya
1 fresh lemon
Bundle of fresh dill
Salt and Pepper
- Cream together the cream cheese, mayo, miracle whip, grand marnier
- Stir in lemon juice from one freshly squeezed lemon
- Chop garlic and parsley and add to creamed ingredients
- Add lemon pepper to creamed ingredients
- Chop crab into bite size chunks, a size that would easily fit on a cracker
- Fold the mock crab into the creamed ingredients
- Fold in the papaya chunks
- Chop and add the Fresh dill, gently mix into the mixture
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Chill and serve
Scoop onto a mild cracker and enjoy!
Can be made one day ahead and should be eaten within a 4-5 days.
Thank you to my auntie Kimberly for sharing this recipe.